Still fighting off illness, and the occasional hangover. I’ve been jumping around from disc to disc, sometimes only listening to a song or so before moving on to the next. Here’s what’s been in my CD player the past 7 days;
- Manowar – Gods of War: I’ve yet to see these guys live and I really want to. “Black Wind, Fire & Steel” is probably my all time favorite. Or maybe “Guyana: Cult of the Damned”. These guys are the very definition of Heavy Metal.
- Mastodon – Blood Mountain: “Colony of Birchmen” just kills! Heavy as hell, yet clean vocally & powerful to listen to.
- Edison Glass – Time is Fiction: See my review. These guys are coming to town in a few weeks and I’ll be there. Melodic alt rock/indie. Great lyrics & nice textured guitars.
- Municipal Waste – The Art of Partying: Saw these guys live a while back, and was very impressed with them onstage, and off. It’s great to see some quality Thrash type metal still being made.
- Thyrfing – Thyrfing: Viking Metal. Large production values, great sound. Nice symphonic & folk influences.
- Exodus – The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A: I will probably do an all out review on this one as it freakin’ pummels. Oldschool thrash legends’ newest CD and they haven’t lost anything!
Ah well, that’s all I remember at this point. ‘Beowulf’ movie premiere tomorrow – which I’ll review of course.